WordPress has released a new default theme for 2010 (aptly named Twenty Ten), and I loved the design and customization options so much, I switched! There isn’t too much different for those of you who read this regularly, but I’d like to highlight a few things.
- New header image. This one more aptly goes after the design I first wanted when creating a header for the site.
- SocialVibe. Look, this is simple: if you click on this badge, a pop-up will appear that will allow you to do an activity for the social good, and doing that activity will earn a few seconds of support monetarily for the project. I’ve chosen to support The Trevor Project, a leading national organization for suicide and crisis prevention among LGBTQ youth. This is a cause near and dear to my heart, so please – any time you come visit, give a click and do an activity to help out.
- Lots of room for badges on the side. Look at it! I wonder what will go there. 🙂
- Footer widgets! I love these, love them. Links, blogroll, and the Twitter feed are down there now.
- Isn’t the font easier on the eyes?
Let me know how you like the redesign, and feel free to suggest widgets and improvements!